India Pakistan Trade Unit
Food and Drink Sector Reviews
Definition and scale of sector
- Agricultural commodities supply primary produce processing,
- Secondary processing,
- Wholesaling distribution,
- Food-processing machinery
Why the sector was chosen in the West Midlands
- Employment growth recorded in cluster.
- Consumer tastes and concerns over food safety are key drivers.
- Both create opportunities to value added through, for example, innovations in prepared ethnic foods and organics.
- Significant force for change in rural areas through a strengthening of supply linkages.
Frozen Food Sector Review from the Board of Investment Bangladesh
- Government is promoting semi-intensive shrimp farming.
- Fish and prawn exports grew at an average 20% in the past decade.
- Shrimp processing and export industry is largely dominated by the smaller unorganized sector.
- 15% cash incentive is given to shrimp export amount.
The frozen foods export is the second largest export sector of the country. The average annual growth rate is about 28%. This export-oriented industry includes the following sub-sectors which need proper attention for augmentation of production and export earnings.
- Sustainable aqua-culture technology
- Feed meals plants
- Processing unit for value-added products.
Investment in frozen food sector with new technology and equipment has a vast potential for growth.
For more detailed information please click here to contact us
Top of page