Screen Image and Sound (New Media) Sector Review
Definition and scale of sector
- Recorded media manufacture,
- Media production, distribution,
- Content developers,
- Specialist business services,
- Content creators (education community/museums, etc.)
Why the sector was chosen in the West Midlands
- Nucleus of highly successful internationally competitive production companies, including firms focusing on the under-5s market.
- Strong skills base from traditional broadcasting industry
Top of page
Mass Media Service Market - September 2006
The mass media has appeal to large number of businesses as promotional media and a source for information. The mass media plays a critically important role in the operation and development of the private sector through promotion, information, education, entertainment, advocacy and advice. The media directly influences public opinion and legislative decision-making and regulatory reform.
A powerful medium, media is a means for businesses to access market information and platforms for debate and public dialogue. Mass media develops linkage between government and business community and also within businesses. It is also effective in mobilizing the masses, including markets, in a very short time and with lowest cost in terms and high outreach.
FOR THE FULL REPORT PLEASE CLICK HERE
Top of page